Tampon Tax Fund 2019/20
About the fund
The Tampon Tax Fund allocates funds generated from the VAT on sanitary products to projects to improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls.
- the fund is open to charitable, benevolent and philanthropic organisations from across the United Kingdom
- applications should be for £1 million or more
- the value of the grant requested must not represent more than 50% of the applicant’s or consortia’s collective annual income
- applications should focus on 1 of 4 categories: homelessness and rough sleeping, violence against women and girls, music, or the general programme
- grants may be for 1 or 2 year projects
- all project activities must be concluded and funds must be spent by 31 March 2021
- applicants must include a copy of their safeguarding policy, along with a statement that confirms the applicant has effective and appropriate safeguarding procedures that protect employees, beneficiaries or volunteers from harm, and that explains how any concerns and incidents are managed
- the deadline for applications is midnight on Sunday 20 January 2019
- applicants should answer all questions on the application form
- applications received before the closing date will be assessed after the closing date
- applications received after the closing date will not be assessed
- available information and guidance relating to this round of funding is contained in the documents above
- we are not able to respond to requests for support in completing this application as this is a competitive process
Send your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants will be informed whether or not they have been successful in Spring 2019. We expect individual grant agreements to be finalised with successful applicants by Summer 2019. Exact timing will vary on a case-by-case basis.