Nithsdale Day Opportunities Fund 2018-2019
The principle aim of the fund is to reduce social isolation and promote independence amongst adults (age 18+), by supporting a range of day opportunity groups/activities.
Applications will be considered for projects/activities which support at least one of the following:
- helping people to feel less isolated and lonely
- improved health and wellbeing
- develop new skills that support independence
- keeping mentally and physically well
- lead a more fulfilling life
- self-manage a long-term condition
The following are the types of projects/activities that may be supported (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Social groups, friendship groups and community activities that aim to help people stay connected with others e.g. community garden projects, intergenerational projects, men’s sheds, carer support groups, lunch clubs, reminiscence and local history projects, arts and crafts activities.
The fund is intended as a way of supporting the setting up of new groups and activities, as well as the development of existing groups and activities. In the longer term, projects which are successful and well-supported will need to be self-sustaining or able to attract funding from other sources.
Preference will be given to organisations that were not funded by the Day Opportunities Fund in 2017-18. The fund will not support one-off events such as Christmas meals, day trips etc.
The funding will be distributed by Nithsdale Health and Wellbeing Partnership (NHWP); decision making will be made by [and at the discretion of] the NHWP Management Committee.
A monitoring/progress report will be required – on the form provided – and all monies awarded should be spent or returned within 12 months of the allocation of funds.
The Management Committee can provide support to applicants with the setting up of new groups/projects (adoption of constitutions etc) and with completing application forms.
Forms and further information/advice are available from:
Nithsdale Health and Wellbeing Partnership
c/o Dyfrig Hywel
Oliphant Centre for Health Improvement
12-28 Lochfield Road Primary Care Centre