Coalfields Community Investment Programme
The Coalfields Community Investment Programme is a small fund created to support activities that tackle some of the key challenges that still remain in coalfield communities. The programme will support projects in eligible coalfield areas that meet one or more of the following themes: job creation and employment support; skills and training, health and wellbeing; community action.
You can discuss a proposal at any time so please contact the team on: 01259 230910 for an informal discussion or visit their website: https://www.coalfields-regen.org.uk/funding-in-scotland
Projects will need to meet one or more of the following themes to be eligible for support from the Community Investment Programme Scotland:
- Job creation and employment support – projects that create new sustainable jobs within the community, or support people into work, including addressing barriers to work such as childcare or transport.
- Skills and Training –projects that develop skills for people or provide qualifications.
- Health and Wellbeing– projects that improve the quality of life for people living in Coalfield communities with health problems, or projects that prevent negative impacts on health and well being.
- Community Action- projects that build community capacity to help residents address local issues and concerns.
Examples of eligible project costs (this list is not exhaustive):
- Purchasing equipment
- Rent/venue hire
- Promotion or marketing costs
- Staff costs
- Insurance for the project
- New activities, services or products