Bank of Scotland Foundation Accepting Applications for 2019 Funding
The Medium Grants Programme is provided and administered by the Bank of Scotland Foundation, an independent charity, with funding from Lloyds Banking Group.
The Bank of Scotland Foundation works with charitable organisations in Scotland to support people and their local communities to gain a better quality of life.
Objectives of Fund
The Grants Programme is intended to provide support to charities registered in Scotland for developing and improving local communities and financial literacy and financial inclusion.
Grants of between £10,001 and £25,000 are available.
Who Can Apply
Charities registered in Scotland are eligible to apply.
Terms and Conditions
Applicants may only make one application per year, whether successful or unsuccessful.
Successful applicants are required to return an evaluation form within 12 months of receipt of payment.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Discriminatory or political organisations.
- The promotion of religion.
- Animal charities.
- Medical research.
- Organisations that redistribute funding for subsequent grant-making to other organisations and/or individuals.
Funding is available for projects that address the following areas:
Developing and improving local communities - The Foundation feels that it is important to help individuals and groups work together to ensure a better quality of life within their community. Practical ways of making this happen may include:
- Initiatives designed to encourage the involvement in the community of those too often excluded.
- Working with people on low incomes, at risk from poverty or with problems finding accommodation.
- Improving the standard of local facilities.
Financial literacy and financial inclusion - The Foundation believes that making informed judgements and taking effective decisions regarding money are important skills and it aims to help make these essential skills both easy and accessible for all. Initiatives that the Foundation is particularly interested in supporting are:
- Promoting financial awareness and money advice.
- Enhancing debt counselling services within the community.
- Supporting life-skills in all age groups and sections of the community.
How To Apply
The medium grants application programme will close for a two week period after a closing deadline. The next closing date is 12 noon on 3 January 2019. It will reopen at 12 noon on 21 January 2019.
Applications must be submitted by 12 noon on each deadline day.
Application forms are available to complete online at the Foundation's website.